The role of the CHBA-Edmonton Region Government Relations Committee is to proactively represent the interests of the home building industry in the Capital Region to government. On matters of a provincial or national nature, the GRC coordinates through its provincial and national counterparts within the CHBA.
The Committee is Responsible For:
- Developing and maintaining long-term relationships with both the political and administrative representatives within all jurisdictions of the Capital Region, thus establishing the CHBA-ER as a partner in all decisions affecting the industry;
- Developing information networks that keep The Association continuously apprised of all issues before they become issues;
- Engaging Association members of significant stature within the industry to sit on the committee who are able to influence the decision-making process; and
- Maintain strong ties with the media that enable the industry to provide timely and effective input on matters of public interest.
- Review and monitor information that comes from the various municipalities and CHBA committees and create appropriate responses to achieve resolutions to the issues identified.
- Cooperate and coordinate action with other committees locally and provincially.
- Ratification of the annually budget created to reflect activities necessary to carry out their mandate not overlooking any opportunity to carry out a profit.
For more info or to volunteer on the committee, contact:
Government Relations Manager